Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Trying to re-engage the world

So, now that Collin's made his appearance into the world, and subsequently now home with his new family, it's time to hit the gearshift and re-engage the world. The last couple weeks have been tediously, full of waiting, full of stress and just downright not fun. At all.

I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is apathy right now, or it's just a general funk hangover from dealing with the events of the past two weeks. So far, all that really interests me is playing silly games on Pogo. I'm sure that'll change, but turning on Pandora, kicking back with tunes and mindless games seems to work right now.

I'm still in somewhat of a grump about work, but that's slowly drifting away. I think part of the problem was the amplification from the bebe drama, making things seem worse than they really were. Or maybe they are that bad. I'll refrain from further speculation since I generally try to not talk about work stuff. Out of respect for myself and my employer. Still trying to get used to 10 hours days again. It'll be easier now that babywatch 2009 is over and I can focus on what I need to do. I will however say that I don't quite understand why some people don't like manning the phones and help desk. It may get crazy, but makes time go so much faster than just being the supervisor on duty.

Halloween is coming up pretty soon! I so want to decorate a lot more than we did last year. It was fun, dressed up as a cow and playing the fool handing out candy to little kids. I still don't know what I want to dress up as this year. I was thinking the naughty fairy but in theory that's not a very... public... friendly idea. I heard another great idea last night I might swedge -- some chick was talking about her husband dressing up in all silver and getting a blow-up doll and being a stripper pole. I laughed a lot about that one. So, I dunno, we'll see.

Hrm, seem to have run out of things to talk about. *shrug* Life is not always as exciting as you want it to be. I guess.

Until next time, sinners...
Rev

No comments:

Post a Comment