Thursday, September 24, 2009

...

I can't think of a good title. My brain is pretty much fried at this point. For the fourth time in five days, we were back at the hospital last night, pretty damn sure they were going to keep the girl and figure out a way to convince the kid he wanted to be born.

Damn, we were wrong. Here's the kicker (and why the hell they couldn't have told us this before), they won't do anything for her for another 4 days. ?!?! Are you fuckin' kidding me? Apparently ultrasounds are kind of sketchy when it comes to predicting due dates, etc so she might not be quite far along as we thought. How they came up with this magic 4 day number I have no idea. And why last night did they bother to finally tell us this.

So unless her water breaks, or something else 'big' happens, bebe arrival isn't gonna happen anytime soon. Much to the chagrin of my lady and I. It's more a matter of frustration at not being able to do much of anything because we might have to bolt at a moment's notice. And the girl is omgwhineyhovering, which is only driving her mother slowly and surely insane. Not to mention everyone else in the house is suffering as well. Even down to the poor doogs.

With any luck, her water will break soon. Then they'll keep her and make things happen. I guess knowing something is better than nothing. Yeah, that was rhetorical.

I've taken up reading again, which is something I've been meaning to do. Right now I'm about halfway through The History of Hell by Alice Turner. Fascinating read, it's like the third time that I've sat down and tried to make it through it. I'll have to post a summary/review when I'm done. I recommend it to anyone who wants to know how the concept of hell has come about since the beginning of history.

I'm not sure what I'm going to go onto next. Last book I read was Lasher, by Anne Rice, the second book in the Mayfair witches chronicle. I think I may go back and read The Witching Hour, which is the first book. Dunno, I may just pick up another good non-fiction book. I always feel better reading something educational. Or I may just start reading the Shannara stuff again. I always did enjoy that series.

Anyways, that's really about it. Just trying to suffer through another work day, technically this is my last day for the week, but I'm going to come in tomorrow to make up some hours I missed earlier in the week due to bebe-drama. At least I'm not going to have to be in at 7 like usual.

So, until next time, sinners.
Rev.

No comments:

Post a Comment