Thursday, November 26, 2009

Poems for a Thanksgiving Day...

I'll post an actual blog since work is being a little gentle right, but I wanted to put these up. I've found my muse again apparently. Music, poetry, lyrics... it's like the tap turned back on.

Angels with Broken Wings

Angels with broken wings
Minds swirling in darkness
Souls tortured by anguish
Tarnished hearts so precious
Would they take my hand?
Could they trust my grace?
---+----
Fury

Fists like iron balls of rage
I wish I could scream aloud
My anger refuses to be sated
The coals of my ire ignited
Like a thief from the past
Stealing from my present
I wish you could pay like I do
The price for your sins
---=---
Holding Pattern

I can see the ground
From my spiral holding pattern
So close, yet so far
Forced into autopilot
I just want to land this plane
So tired of flying
Feels like limbo
Want to feel your touch
Down on the ground

No comments:

Post a Comment