Sunday, November 29, 2009

A day of rest and reflection...

Yesterday was a good day for many reasons. All the kids were gone. We had no plans so Chel and I spent the day in our 'hidey hole' aka the bedroom for pretty much the entire day.

Sometimes you need to do that. Take a day away from all of the distractions that the world is throwing at you and just recharge and reconnect. Right now, we both needed that. Except for a cursory check of email and other little things, we spent the time together.

I recently started rewriting the music to some songs Chel did a few years ago because she wasn't very happy with how they sounded. Both of them are turning out quite well and I can't wait to get to get some basic recording done so we can show you all the work in progress and how very cool our collaboration has been. I'm hoping to get my friend Chris, who is an amazing drummer by the way, to do some acoustic drum stuff behind those and the other song that I wrote as well.

As you can tell, my muse has returned and I've been feeling so musically creative lately, not to mention my poetry writing has begun again in earnest. It seems to strike me at those times I need it the most, my emotions have been all over the place lately and I need a focus to keep me sane.

I've been finding my solace in music, particarly Depeche Mode and The Cure, lately. Both of those groups have songs and lyrics that are hitting where right where they need to.

Elsewhere in my little world, I've had to take a step back and just let things be for the moment. I've got some amazing and wonderous things happening inside of me that I don't want to wither away and die or be crushed my enthusiam. I want to stand up and shout, rattle the very heavens with my cry, but as a good Lady told me recently, "Patience is a virtue."

I'm finding this blog to be very theraputic, so expect more to come as the days pass and this year comes to a close and new one approaches.

In closing, I want to leave some special messages for certain people:

You are always invited to the party, my door is always open to you.

and...

You have touched me in ways I cannot even begin to fathom, you are special to me and that will never change. I will always be there, no matter what you need me to be.

Until next time, sinners.
Rev.

No comments:

Post a Comment