Sunday, December 6, 2009

Blurring the lines, an admission...

For those that know me, and if you don't quite yet, I am for all practical purposes a very private person. What happens in my little world, I like to keep there. I'm not about parading my life for all to see, but things have changed in my life recently and are becoming all too apparent and noticeable.

So I'm just going to get it over and say it right here: I am poly. I've been hiding in this shell for too long without being able to admit it or deal with it. And now I'm just laying it out.

Chel and I have an open relationship. There I said it. We're both the same way.

What does this mean? It means that we are both capable of loving more than one person. Sounds clinical and dry, doesn't it? I've never been comfortable with being 'attached' to just one person. Not that I'm saying monogamy doesn't work it, it did, I have wonderful examples that say otherwise. It doesn't work for me.

What doesn't mean? It doesn't mean I'm just using this as an excuse to sleep around. I know that's a common misconception that floats around, and in our case, that's furthest from the truth. As a matter of fact, let me set the record straight. I am and will readily admit to being a very naughty and kinky person. I am not however, a slut or a manwhore. I cannot simply sleep with someone for purely physical reasons. There has be something more, a connection, feelings, a relationship. As a matter of fact, when it comes to sex, I have no lack of it.

This has been a long journey for me so far and it's so far from being over, and I'm learning each day to deal with things. To grow a little each day and realize that things that happened in my past are not going to be the same.

This has kind of become a tradition with not only me, but Chel as well, that we sometimes end posts with messages and I'm not going to skip this time...

First, for you, I know that I cannot wish all of the troubles away, but I hope that I can bring you some peace and moments of light. Keep searching for the sun, even on the cloudiest days.

And for you, the light of my life, you say that I am your rock, but you are mine. Your patience as I babble about my stumblings, my dreams, my desires is such a gift to me. Thank you.

Peace and love to you all,
Rev.

No comments:

Post a Comment